Thursday, 16 June 2011

Maybe it’s time

I am having second thoughts about my next cycle of therapy, the chances are it isn’t going to make much difference to the actual lump so I am wondering if there is any actual point in me having it. It is going to make me feel like crap, my hair will go all hinky again , it will make me grumpy and I will have to leave fluffy butt & fuzzy butt alone every morning for two weeks and for what ?.  If it does not make any difference to the little lump why bother, the lump is so small now I am debating cancelling it and just trying to get my life back on track and start living again. After doing everything the powers that be have suggested over the last 3-ish years I am feeling like it it is time I started to make decisions about my own health.

I have been talking to various people on C forums and they kinda helped me make up my mind about this and I am almost positive I am going to cancel this cycle and get my life back now. I am going to tidy this house up and get it on the market and get a smaller place and if I have any money left over I am off to see my friend in Texas. All of this will not happen over night I know but it is time for me to look to the future now. So watch out world I am on my way back at last.

 

Momma Tea

9 comments:

  1. Good Evening Tea, Lana Here.. Frankie is Napping.

    I have never walked in your shoes. I do know that for some reason when we walk into a Doctor's Office, even for something as simple as a Wart, we all seem to turn into Jelly. No matter what the Dr. says... we just DO IT! As I said.. I haven't walked in Your Shoes.. but I do think that we (the patients) have a RIGHT to say what we want, and When we want it, and how we want it. No matter what that IT is.
    Whatever YOU decide.. WE will be with you 100%. Whatever path YOU choose will be based on what YOU think is BEST for YOU. Remember that WE are here and we will support WHATEVER you do, or don't do.
    Sincerely, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lana. Well said! It is YOUR body and completely up to you. After all, it's the quality of life that counts and if you're not really living it then now is as good of a time as any to get back in the game! My thoughts are with you and I support you all the way!
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I don't know what I can say that Lana hasn't said. I always believe in personal choice - it's your body and your life - and only you can make the right decisions for you. Listen to your body and follow your heart.

    Pip & Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lana said it pretty well.
    You are the one who needs to decide what to do and we will support you.
    We are far away... but our heart is there with you.
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  5. The previous comments have said it all!! You have proven that you are an incredibly strong woman, Tea, and I KNOW you will make the best decision for you. I hope you know, we're all behind you 110%!!

    Hugs,
    Jill (Zona's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personal choice is one thing. Medical advice is another. You have your experiences, true. Doctors have experiences of hundreds (if not thousands) of simular cases. They do not know the future for certain, but they know what is most likely to give you the best outcome.

    To be quite frank patients trying to make informed decisions about their own healthcare only works when patients have had years of study and experience in healthcare matters.

    Do what your doctor says - it is for the best !!!

    (sorry...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my brother made that same decision when he was in his early 30's that if the C came back, he wouldn't/couldn't go through the treatment again (it would have been his 4th time).

    i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    The Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tea,
    I too have never been in your position but watched my mom battle the nasty beast for 18 brave months. She finally made the decision to chose quality over quantity.

    She was such a wonderful woman and mother. She and my Dad was able to enjoy their 50th wedding anniversary, and one month later her 70th birthday. She passed away eight days later never regretting her decision.

    I, along with your many, many friends will support whatever decision you make, in any way we can.

    God Bless you and your family. Many hugs and prayers are being sent your way.

    Julie (Leo and Grady's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the kind comments earlier this week. We really appreciate our blogging friends.

    Having helped my father through some difficult medical issues over the last several years, I can only say there are choices that add to your quality of life, those that add to your quantity, some that add to both (those are the awesome ones), and some that add to neither (sometimes the medical profession just doesn't understand the concept of First, Do No Harm and sometimes that means do nothing). Your choices are yours, not the doctors. We support you no matter what you decide.

    ReplyDelete