Thursday, 23 September 2010

Thursday

Well Richie got on well at the vets his medication is doing what it is supposed to be thankfully, we did ask about him having his wart sorted but Anthony the vet says there is no way to do it with local anaesthetic because of it’s location and he doesn’t want to risk giving him a general anaesthetic. So we will keep his wart and keep a styptic pencil handy as that works well stemming the blood when he has caught it and he is so good about having it done bless him.

But today has been another difficult one with Mr Shouty he will stand and bark all day if I left him to, the only way to stop him being Mr Shouty is to pick him up which realistically rewards his barking behaviour but seeing as I overheard the neighbours moaning to each other about the barking what other option do I have. Other than his shouty-ness he is a babe, all snuggles cuddles and major loveliness personified and he is helping me drop dress sizes mega fast with all the walkies he wants. I did think about getting a behaviourist in but the local one ( who I know is most excellent as I have used her before ) but she is expensive and I just cannot afford it these days. I really don’t want to admit defeat as he is a sweetie and I adore him so hopefully we can figure something out 3dtristebleu .

He is such a funny lad too last night he decided he wanted to sleep under the duvet with me which was fine except he would keep licking my leg which tickled something terrible but it was so endearing even if he is a bed hogger…………………..lol.

Love

Mollys Momma Tea

     x   x   x   x

7 comments:

  1. Milly licks my feet at night sometimes and I think it is so funny!!
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a device which emits a high frequency sound when a dog barks. It is said to stop dogs barking without harming them. Might be worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is a show called "its me or the dog" and she addresses that kind of behavior.

    http://positively.com/

    Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

    Coco The Princess

    ReplyDelete
  4. It isn't a collar....you plug it in the wall and only activates when the dog barks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy news from da V-E-T 'bouts Richie. :)I would checks out "It's Me or The Dog" Mom has watched dat show and gotten real good advice from hers.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Richie kind of sounds like my human sister. When she was a baby, she would cry every time mama set her down for even one second. This went on for about 4 months! I am sure Richie will calm down soon. He is just probably feeling insecure and afraid of losing you.

    We will be thinking of you on Friday. I hope your review goes well!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh... bed hoggers... yep, we have one of those and she's the tiniest one of us!! But we love her so much none of us care when she's crowding our space. :) Glad the medicine is working. Let me know how you work with Mr. Shouty. We sometimes have a tiny Miss Shouty here with certain new people.

    Wags,
    Zona

    ReplyDelete