Monday, 29 November 2010

Frustrated Boy, Saucy Girl & Seasonal Soliloquy

It’s been a rough few weeks recently with one thing and another but it seemed to reach a new level this last week. Ronnii appears to be in season and Richie is behaving like a frustrated horny twenty something. He has turned into a constant whining, crying boy and I do feel for him but it is quite draining trying to keep him and his libido in check add to which if he gets near Ronnii she tends to growl and snap at him then when he does finally calm down she sashays past him waggling her behind at him provocatively. The boy doesn’t know what to do with himself ! Sometimes it is comical but most of the time it isn’t , it’s just very, very tiring and stressful.

Despite all of this I have managed to get the Christmas tree up and festive fairy light here and there and the lounge is looking quite festive and very seasonal. I find Christmas and New Year a very difficult time of year, to be honest I dread it ! I lost my favourite Grand-Pop one Christmas eve and my favourite Nan died New Years day the following year so I find this time of year quite sad. This year my son is spending Crimbo with his father so I won’t be seeing him and he is off on a skiing vacation with his school on New Years Day so we won’t see in the new year together either. My folks are looking forward to a nice quiet day on their own so we won’t see them and I can understand that. So Christmas day for us will be very quiet and restrained, I am even thinking about toddling off to a church service in the morning. I have lots to be thankful for in my life even though I am rather low right now heck maybe now I finally feel ready to find my faith again I don’t know yet but I open and willing to give it a go and see what happens. Not having a full huge dinner either we are saving ourselves for the next day ! Maybe a nice walk with the pooches in the afternoon followed with snuggling on the sofa with a sappy Christmas movie. Sounds rather pleasant IMHO.

Me and OH have friends coming on boxing day so that will be our big day this year and it should be great fun with food, fun and liquid libations ( followed by big headaches the next day I suspect ).

So even though I dread this time of year I am looking forward to Boxing Day I love spending time with the people we have coming they are all so nice and great fun and are some of the loveliest people I have ever known.

Momma Tea

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I am usually pretty moody around the holidays, too. Holidays are complicated, lots of mixed emotions, etc. I am glad you will be seeing your dear friends. I am so sorry you won't be spending it with your son ...and tell those two little doggies to behave themselves!

    Kristin & Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far be it from me to dissuade anyone from going to church, but surely the same god who gave you so much to be happy about also gave you one or two bum deals along the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well yes I guess he did but perhaps my happies outweigh my non happies in the long run, I don't know yet Manky. If I do get my faith back it's all good and if I don't get it back yet I hope one day I will .
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just might be pleasantly surprised at how nice a quiet holiday can actually be. Happened to me, now I prefer it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I certainly hope that you are able to find your faith again one day. I won't get on my soap box, but I believe that God gives you sad times so that you are able to appreciate the good times even better. :) Must be some great things coming your way! Thinking about you!
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete