Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Why ?

Why do I blog ? I started keeping a journal just after my son was born and I was suffering with such severe post partum depression that I was hospitalized ( hospitalized = Toon Central ). My therapist advised me it was a good way of organising my thoughts and feelings and the act of writing was therapeutic. So I started out in longhand, then I upgraded to word saving it all onto floppy disks then I graduated to online blogging this has all been over the last 14 years and the therapist was right it is a great way to sort out muddle-some noggins . Then I discovered a dog blog and thought what a fantastic idea and so my Pup Doogie started to blog also, then along came Molly and it all just took off. I have always found other doggy bloggy-ers to be a fabulous group of people, caring, supportive, funny and kind.  We want to share our dogs antics and day to day lives, we want to share their personalities, foibles, whimsical ways and share them in a fun, light-hearted way. We also blog to raise awareness, awareness of cruelty, neglect, stupid BSL legislature and to show the good work of rescues and to encourage others to adopt a dog not shop for one. We all blog for different reasons and to us each and every one is valid to us personally, our views our our own personal views and readers may or may not agree with them but that is their prerogative. If readers don’t like my views then they should not read my blog.

When My Molly crossed the bridge the support I got from other bloggy-ers  was over whelming not just in comments and posts, emails,stupendous blog badges and a wonderful gift but also the way you generously donated money To The Little Dog Rescue in her name. My ghast was truly flabbered but it shows the power of doggy bloggy-ing, the kindness of strangers, the compassion of other other animal lovers.

Blogging should be fun to do and fun to read, light hearted, frivolous, mad, and done with good manners ( well except for the dogs to whom all manners mean is to make sure they don’t toot right under your nose……..lol but not even that applies with my two ). I intend to keep mine like that

Love

Momma Tea

6 comments:

  1. Very well said, Momma Tea! I think your words captured how many of us feel but I can say for SURE it captured my feelings exactly. Thank you!

    XOXO
    Jill (Zona's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If people don't like what you write, they should blog off. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you started a journal when you were going through post partum depression and I am glad you listened to your therapist b/c writing truly does heal and helps to sort out one's feelings. I am glad you "graduated" to blogging or else we wouldn't be able to laugh, smile, sigh, and cry along with you. I am so sorry I haven't been around much since the passing of your dear furry pal, Molly, but please know that I am continually sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. It seems some things have gotten stirred up. I don't know about you, but my life has enough drama in it day to day that having to read drama is simply a waste of my time and not what I want to do. I love your blog and the way you are always so truly honest. It is heartfelt and sincere. I appreciate that about you. So, good job! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and keep it up. :)
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I couldn't agree more. I want this to be a place of coming together not ripping each other apart. The last few weeks have been very upsetting and stressful with all the negativity. My "real life" is pretty stressful and blogging is my time to have fun and relax with friends who always make me smile (and sometimes cry). A wise fellow blogger (Frankie) told me that this too will pass and it will ...

    Love, Kristin and Pip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly!!!!!! That was kinda my point when I thought I would quit blogging...I has way to much going on in my life that I didn't need to be "attacked". But, I am back because I won't be defeated.
    Writing does seem to be therapuetic for so many people. I used too but life kinda got busy...as always. I know a few people that have been through post partum and my heart goes out t all those who have been through that. You pulled through and I know how difficult that can be. You are a strong lady!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete