Sunday, 19 June 2011

Happy Fathers Day

My Dad may not have been in any wars, he may not have invented any wonderful cures for illness, he has not done any great world renowned things or been involved in anything miraculous but he is AMAZING!


He is amazing because he is my Dad, he has put up with me being a difficult child, a rebellious, stroppy teenager, he has coped with me dating totally unsuitable and undesirable boys ( & men ). He has watched his little girl grow up not into the delicate flower he had hoped for but into a a tomboy who stripped car engines , crawled under floorboards to help re wire rooms and sprayed cars with him. Watched her go through every colour of the rainbow with her hair colours ( he did make me sit in the back of his car once and he pretended he was a cab driver ), he has watched me become a tattooed lady and he hardly ever says a word even though he does not approve.


He has been there for me through whooping cough, measles, chicken pox, mumps, countless operations and he has watched his little girl go to hell and back with a very abusive partner, losing too many much wanted babies and fighting 3 different kinds of cancer and through all of this he has been there solid, dependable and always loving me.


He has always been the man others are measured against and all have been found wanting in one some way, no one will ever come close to my Dad he is amazing because no matter what he loves me.


Pop


6090_1156708812204_1662256909_389377_7433760_n


205770_1023649205797_1662256909_66101_5158_n


BenGrampa


DAD


I adore this last photo of my Pop , my son took it at our local canal festival , it shows my Dad at his daftest self.


Happy Fathers Day Pop


I love you very much



Momma Tea

6 comments:

  1. What a very beautiful tribute to your dad, Tea. You are incredibly lucky to have him (and he, you!).

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the years, I have read MANY tributes to fathers.. but I believe this one is the best! What a MAN your father must be! You are so lucky to be loved by such a fabulous person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your father with us. What a beautiful tribute for an amazing person. You are so lucky to have each other!

    xoxo, Pip & Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wunderful tribute to your dad!

    Woofs and Licks,
    MAggie MAe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea,
    It sounds like your dad is an amazing gentleman. What a heartfelt tribute that you've written for him.


    Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's around the world.

    Love, Leonardo, Grady and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking in on you Momma Tea!! It's been some time since we last heard from you on Father's Day and we just wanted to make sure you're just taking a blogging break or doing something super fun!

    Wags,
    Zona and Mom

    ReplyDelete