Sunday, 1 August 2010

30 Day blog journal – Day 16

Today’s post is supposed to be a song that makes you cry or almost makes you cry. Flipping heck there are tons of them but there is one piece of music that is guaranteed to make the hairs on my arms stand up and move me to tears.  It is the aria O Soave Fanciulla from La Boheme

Don’t ask me why I love this aria so much I just do there is no rhyme or reason for it. As I was growing up no one I knew ever listened to opera so I cannot say it was down to any childhood influences but the first time I heard it in secondary school I adored it ( I am not positive but I believe is was Miss Gaunt the lower school music teacher who played it once ),  it was later used in the film Moonstruck and the reaction of the lead female character when she heard it was fantastic. I have always dreamed of going to The Royal Opera House in Covent Garden

PD*29697617

r0011907 to see La Boheme and who knows maybe one day that dream will come true.

 

 

lunapic_12794806431834_3

No comments:

Post a Comment