Thursday, 16 September 2010

Random Ramblings

Well thankfully Richie is not coughing anywhere near as much as he was so it looks like his new meds are doing what they are supposed to do…….Phew ! I have to say am very relieved about this I was dreading the outcome if they didn’t work. He is such a loving little fellow who for some unknown reason likes licking inside my ears which is majorly GROSS but less smelly than his kisses so it is the lesser of two evils I guess…………………lol. If you saw his Wordless Wednesday post you will see he had his first bath here since moving in needless to say I was left covered in little black hairs not something I am used to if I am honest. But it was a lovely bonding experience for us both, Steve snuggled him up in a towel for cuddles afterwards as we decided he wasn’t really a blow dry kinda dog unlike Molly who just loved having her blow dry.

It is very strange having Richie as he so very different to our girl, Molly was very quiet except if the someone rang the doorbell, she also did not demand lots of walkies and she would happily poop in the back yard. Rich on the other hand has barking sessions which I can only stop by picking him up which can be a bit problematical if I am in the loo or washing up, he also won’t poop in the garden for some reason so he stands at the front door and stares at me to let me know he wants his walk and barks if I don’t shift my behind quick enough. So I am usually ready to go now .

He is a real snugglebunny at bedtime though he loves to cuddle up on the bed with us which is nice and sometimes does what my very first dog used to do and comes under the duvet and rests his head on my foot and that is so very comforting.

I am missing my girly more than ever now I think it is finally sinking in that she is gone, maybe collecting her from the vets bought it perhaps. She was such a special little lady though and there will never be another like her I think they broke the mould when she was born bless her little heart. I went into the garden tonight after taking Rich for his last walk and the sky was really clear and the stars were so bright and Mollys star was twinkling away at me so brilliantly and it did make me feel better.

It is odd though sometimes I am sure I can smell her every now and then and knowing my lass as I do/did it would not surprise me if she popped in now and the to keep me in line and on my toes………….lol

I am desperate to get my hands or fingers on some fake nails with the Texas state flag on them so if any of you know where I can get some do please let me know, I want really really long ones gosh how unpatriotic of me, mind you anyone who knows me will tell you I don’t have the British flag tattooed on me but  I do have the Texan flag  hehehehe.

One of Steve’s friends who lives in the States is coming over soon so I get to meet her for the first time and I am really looking forward to it as she certainly seems great fun.

Anyway I am off to snuggle up with Richie in bed now so I bid you all goodnight with this quote

Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.

 

With Love

Mollys Momma Tea

4 comments:

  1. Pip's mom here ...I still miss our cat Tutu who passed away in June of 2009. She was with me for almost 20 years and slept with me every night for all those years. Sometimes I still feel her with me and other times not - which is still heartbreaking. Unfortunately, I don't know if you ever stopping missing them ... it does get easier, but you always miss them!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to her that Richie's cough is better.
    I am sure Molly will always be close by, watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as sweet as this post is, it made me cry we you started talking about your little girl. I know the feeling all too well.
    I am glad your little Rich is doing better...Power of the Paw sure is pawsome!


    Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

    Coco The Princess, Truffle & Lady Godiva

    P.S. as for the Texas nails...i was able to find some TEXAS LONG HORNS decals but cant find nails that have the decal or design already on them...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/25-WATER-SLIDE-NAIL-ART-DECALS-TEXAS-LONGHORNS-2-/170511916471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b34d5db7

    http://cgi.ebay.com/25-WATER-SLIDE-NAIL-ART-DECALS-TEXAS-LONGHORNS-3-/170511916366?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b34d5d4e

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin is right, I think. It gets "easier" but the missing never stops, as you well know from other pups who have gone before her. Ginger crossed the bridge in February '09 and not a day goes by that I don't think of her... but doesn't hurt as much now, if that makes sense. I too think she comes to visit us. You comment Zona's blog was so touching about the scent from her bedding. Ginger was blind too and my husband half joked to her that fateful day not to visit and bounce off the hallway walls and spook me. I immediately said to her, "NO! Spook me all you want to!" :) I found the grieving process is/was definitely a bell curve for me. We're here for you! Though I'm stumped on the nail question... I'll keep my eyes open! LOL

    Hugs,
    Zona's Mom Jill

    PS - we're all so glad to hear Rich's cough is getting better!!

    ReplyDelete