Friday, 15 October 2010

There is

Exciting things on the horizon but I am not going to say anymore as I don’t want to jinx anything suffice it to say I am uber excited. Plans are afoot, plotting will be done & schemes will be worked out to the finest detail. Yet whilst I am uber excited I also feel great sadness still, there is so much cruelty in this world, only today I had my attention drawn to a facebook group calling for dog fighting in the UK to be legalised the description put on this group read as follows

‘Legalize dog fighting. Pets are not people. They are your pet. something you own. If i'm not mistaken when you own something you can do what you want with it. ‘

(We are all duly reporting the group and trying to get it closed down but more than 700 people have already clicked that they like the group……….. Morons each and everyone of them in my opinion).

 

I and maybe it is just me who thinks like this but I feel I am the owned one, I belong to my animals not the other way around. They do not run around to feed me, they do not go shopping to buy me treats, they allow me to sleep in my bed with them and that is just how I like it. I am lucky enough to borrow them and to have them share their love and life with me.

My very first dog Sam ( he of the pooped on head ) shared my life for 12 years, he was amazing he could tell when I was about to have a seizure and he would warn me so I could get low down and not hurt myself, he was my baby when we thought we would never conceive,  he watched over my son (after I obviously did conceive) as he grew, he sat and let me cry into his fur so many times I lost count,  he stood in front of me growling at my husband when he was shouting at me. He was my best friend, my confidante, my protector yet not once did I ever think of him as my property to do whatever I wished with.  Molly was only with me for 4 months,1 week and 4 days but that lass certainly was not owned by anyone, she had us exactly where she wanted us bless her beautiful heart. Not one of the dogs I have had the joy of sharing my life with has ever been thought of as a possession, a handbag or a car is a possession not a living, breathing, loving creature.

Ok Rant over I am now going to try and get enough room in ‘Richies’ bed for me to snuggle down and sleep.

Night all

Mollys Momma Tea

x                               x

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's disgusting about the facebook group. Hope they get kicked off. Dog fighting is just sickening!! We have seen a couple of dogs that have been bait at the shelter where Mama volunteers ...it is just the most heartbreaking thing in the world.

    Let's focus on the good. We are most exciting about your surprise! I tried to get Richie to tell me, but he refused!

    Your pal, PIp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat is just da most sickening thing I has evers heard. You can tell they is morons cuz they called them "pets". Ones dat dog fight don't refer to them as "pets" because essentially they are not their pets...they are nothing more than revenue. so, what I am saying is dat it makes NO freaking sense in da world to post dat cuz they make themselves look like idiots.
    Okay...my rant is over too...thank you!
    Now on to good stuffs....I LIKES me some secrets. I will sit tight.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is shocking!! And disgusting. I don't understand some two-leggers.

    But something I DO understand is how your bed quickly became Richie's bed. Hahahaha...

    Can't wait for this exciting news!

    Wags,
    Zona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been telling efurryone I know that is on facebook to report the group so that it gets taken off, these people need to be found and dealt with to the fullest extent of the law. Anyone that allows any animal to be harmed for their "entertainment" does not desarve to be classed as human. Dogs have been a companion to man for thousands of years, and we should show them every thanks for the joy they bring by giving love, hugs, treats and a safe place to call home.

    ReplyDelete