Thursday, 3 February 2011

Mollys Lasting Legacy

I realised today we have had Richie now longer than we had Molly for , Molly was with us for 4 months, 1 week and 4 days. Richie has lived with us now for 4 months, 3 weeks and 6 days, our Ronnii has been with us for 3 months, 1 week and 3 days. If Molly had not entered our lives we would never have found Richie or Ronnii. There was never ever any question of not carrying on with the plan to foster Richie after Molly crossed the bridge because she had chosen him, can you imagine how peeved she would have been if we hadn’t of. She not only changed our lives but she changed the lives of Richie and Ronnii too she has left a lasting testimony to how much difference one small little dog can make. She has changed five lives ( I include Percy the Pigeon also ) for the better and especially mine, I now would only consider having rescue dogs in fact I cannot imagine my life without a rescue dog in it.

My furballs make me realise just how lucky I am, they give me purpose, understanding, a lot of noise in my otherwise quiet life, they make me laugh, cry, they love me no matter what I look like or feel like and they fill me full of joy.

                                               How could I not consider myself lucky ?

 

  Love

Momma Tea

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Momma Tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How tender and astute of you. I like all people but dog/cat/bird/fish/pet people are kindred spirits.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe she was only with you for 4 months. That means I only knew her for about 3 months, right? She certainly made a big impression on everyone - feels like I knew her for a lifetime.

    Hopefully, she will give me a little boost with my race on Saturday. BOL!

    Love, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly changed the life of everyone who's life she touched. She was such a gorgeous little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hard to beleeve dat her wuz my BFF fur only 3 months or so. Pip is right , it feels like I knew her all my life too. Molly will be in our hearts furever. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post. I suppose Molly taught us ALL that it is not the TIME we are together... It is the QUALITY of that time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post. And, you are right, having furbabies makes us lucky people. :)
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly was very special and so is this post.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am surprised it was only 4 months, in that short time we all got to love her, dogs in hunman terms have such a short life but they give so much, It is heart breaking when they leave,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a most wondewful Molly has left.
    She has filled youw heawt wif love and now you keep filling it up..this is a most bootiful post thank you fow youw kind heawt
    smoochie kisses
    ASTA

    ReplyDelete