Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Worried

I am getting myself into a state now, Our vet has cancelled Richies follow up appointment and will not treat him further until his bill has been cleared. His vet care is supposed to be covered by The Rescue as he is a sponsored dog but they are having financial problems and have no funds available to clear his bill. I understand this but this doesn’t help our boy. The vet has been very reasonable and I am going to see if  I can pay him monthly myself because I cannot see my boy without vet care if he needs it. We have been buying his medication ourselves for a few months now but as my income is limited because of not being able to work and I am understandably worrying myself silly. I really hope I can sort this out because I don’t want my boy to suffer at all he has been through enough in his wee life bless him.

On a plus note he has started eating a little more but it is the special delicate tummy food so I will have to get some more of that in as he seems to be enjoying it and he is a lot more steady on his feet and is certainly brighter than he has been for a couple of weeks. So I am feeling happier he is on the mend now he has even been shouting again …….. never thought I would be pleased about him being Captain Shouty….lol. His favourite spot on the bed has changed as well, instead of snoozing by my knee he now prefers the pillow next to mine so I have him snoring next to my head now and do I mind………….. do I heck I love it. He is such a wonderful little fella and even with all the worry I would not be without him. I was so scared I was losing him at the weekend and it really bought it home to me just how much I adore this wee shouty boy who is firmly entrenched in my heart.

 

Love

Momma Tea

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that the rescue is having financial trouble.

    It sounds as though Richie is improving with the food intake. Maybe that will get him through.. until the rescue group can do some fund raising and re-build their funding.
    I will keep him in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh I so happy he is on da mend and eatin' a littles.

    What a terrible thing to haves to wonder if you can gets da boy Vet cares! Dat is just awfuls and I knows you is worried. I thinks most rescues is prolly havin' da same trubles.
    Our heart are withs you Momma T!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry everything is going to be fine! You know I always have some tricks up my sleeve ... Plus, I know Ronnii is working her magic and taking very good care of everyone. Keep the faith!

    Love, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO very happy to hear that Richie is feeling betters and is back to his old shouty self!

    But you mustn't worry, Momma Tea. Would it help to sends some money papers to the rescue and say it's for Richie's bill? Could we sends it to the V.E.T. directly. I dunno how we would do that being all the way over here in the You Ess. But I'm sure there's gotta be a way. Let us know if there's some way we can help, okay?

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wesa new to "officially" following you Ms. Tea but wesa been by your side wiggle waggling for awhile. Us Puggums just love yousa and Richie and Ronnii, of course. We so happy Richie is eating. Keeps us posted'ums! We will send power of the paw vibes to him via the internet (snail mail is too slow from here to reach you quickly).
    Much luvums,
    The Slimmer Puggums
    George, Gracie, Toby, Lily, and Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please let us know what we can do to help! A few dollars from each of us could do the trick!

    Love, Dozer and Cooper

    ReplyDelete