Sunday, 11 September 2011

I Will Always Remember

 

911

911 tribute plaque

 911_3

 FDNY_9-11

9-11

It is a day that will live with all of us and it should, if it was not for the bravery of the emergency services, the courage of passengers and pilots of flight 93 the death toll would have been far greater. I was amongst many people who watched horrified as the events unfolded, I was late for the school run that day. I watched awestruck and terrified as fireman ran in regardless of personal safety to save as many as they humanly could.

I do not have the words to express how amazing each and everyone of those men were and are and even though I may not be American they will always have my gratitude for the lives they saved, the mothers and fathers who made it home to their children, the children who made it back to their parents and the families that were kept whole because of their actions . Nothing can take away their heroism and dedication to duty. To them this dumpy, odd middle aged woman from the UK says two words ‘ Thank You ‘. Hardly enough for everything you have done but please know it comes from the heart.

4 comments:

  1. Very well said Momma Tea...

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so greatful for those two words from you. We NOW know that there was very very little that could be done for the people on the planes and in the buildings, butt those brave first responders did NOT Know it at the time and they behaved in a way that takes my breath.. even 10 years later. They put OTHERS in front of themselves. So Brave. So Dedicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly appreciate your words. I will never forget how stunning it was when my friend ran into my classroom and said, "My GOD... turn on the TV. He and I stood side by side and were totally bewildered. We just could NOT process what was so obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute,Momma Tea! Thank you!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete