Monday, 16 January 2012

I feel such a wuss

 

Today my Izzy had the biggest seizures yet and I finally used the diazepam rectubes on her because there was just no letting up for my wee girl. Why the hell I have been so reticent to use them before now I will never know, her last seizure slowed right down and stopped and although it took quite a while for my furbabe to get back to her full Izzy-ness it was a hell of a lot better than seeing her all buggy eyed and rigid thats for sure. It has made her very sleepy this afternoon but that is to be expected really. I just wish I had not been so loathe to use it before now  !

6 comments:

  1. Well, you just have to be glad you learned now. It's hard to make the right choices sometimes for furbabies because they can't talk to you. :)
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Miss Izzy, how awful. Glad the medicine helped. I am always nervous to try new medicines at first since you never know how it will turn out. It's scary at first, but it sounds like you made the right decision and she did fine. So glad she is OK!

    Xoxo, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not have used it until the situation Demanded it either. I am one of those ...Let's Wait and see, kinda person. I think you did the RIGHT thing in the past and in this instance, BOTH. Medicines can loose their effectiveness when used TOO OFTEN or when not truly Needed.. It was obviously NEEDED Today and it did its job.
    I think Izzy is in very Wise and Cautious and Totally TOTALLY capable Paws.. with YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to know Izzy is doing well.
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Miss Izzy.........we are just glad to hear the medicine works for her! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are NOT a wuss! You are a brave and cautious momma, the perfect momma for Izzy!!! I'm so behind, I did not know any of this. :( My Ginger had seizures that were concluded "late onset epilepsy" - meaning they had no idea why. It was HORRIBLE at first but we did learn tricks and signs. Have you joined the Yahoo group? They were very helpful and supportive for me. And of course Mango momma knows just how you are feeling too. Stupid Seizure Monster. :(

    Hugs,
    Jill (Zona's Mom)

    ReplyDelete