Saturday, 14 April 2012

Up & Way Down

I had my three monthly review today and yet again no change so come back in three months which was the up for today. There is a group of us ladies that have been going to the clinic together and after our appointments, our prodings, pokings and blood takings go off to have lunch and a good old chinwag and we have become a really good little network of support and understanding. Sadly for us ‘ Girls ‘ today there were several newly empty seats, now we know that from appointment to appointment we may have a loss sometimes two but never as many as today and to be honest it left those left reeling. None of fancied lunch so we just went for a coffee. We are thinking of going to one of the services at Canterbury Cathedral soon, we want to show our respect  and love for these women who fought so hard and so bravely.

When something like this happens we are all left thinking ‘ Why are we still here ‘ especially if those lost are younger than us. It is just human nature I guess. I was telling the OH about Edna we lost her about six months ago, she was what I would call a game old girl. She was coming up to 80 and refused point blank to have breast surgery, she said she had lived her life, her kids were grown and her grandkids were almost grown. She said for the Dr’s to use the resources for someone young who had their whole lives ahead of them. I really admired Edna.

I am somewhat glum tonight understandably, especially as I sat here and worked out that we had lost over half of our numbers which royally sucks.

My welcome home from the hospital was wonderful my beautiful fur-babes had missed me which is always nice to know.

Anyway I needed to get that off of my chest.

Momma Tea

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of your friends. I can't imagine what that must be like ...

    All these women sound very special and incredibly strong. I bet they would want all of you to keep on living, getting together, having lunch, and celebrating living.

    xoxo, Pip & Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pip really said what I was trying to find the words for. YES the loss is painful. But the celebration of one's blessings eases it. I believe we always as the WHY question... both for the Sad and the GLAD things that come our way.

    I am PAWSitive that your homecoming was very joyous indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Pip,Frankie Furter and Ernie's posts.

    and there is nothing better than coming home to the love of our family and furry butted babies.

    Much Love and Newfie hugs.
    Julie and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure is not easy. I appreciate you share your feelings with us.
    I know your furr-babies were happy to see you coming back!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete